Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Planning: Callon's 2nd Birthday Party

Hi Everyone! I hope you have all been doing great! I know I have been MIA for a little while a long time!! I have been so busy with work, piano lessons, Callon's 2nd Birthday, planning VBS for our church, and other things. Since Callon's party is this weekend, I thought I would share a bit about how I plan a 2nd birthday party after you choose a date.

1. Location.. Location.. Location: We originally planned to have it at a local community center. However, we kind of waited a little too late to book one with graduations and everything going on. So, we are having at our house. It actually works out perfect since all of Callon's toys are there.

2. A Theme:  We are doing a train theme for his 2nd birthday. I was going to do Little Blue Truck or Trains so I let him pick. Of course, Callon chose trains. He loves Thomas (Momas as he says). I would recommend looking at pinterest and thinking outside of the box. We are doing Choo Choo Callon's 2!

3. A menu: We are doing a lunch time party so I am keeping it easy and simple. We are having pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans w/ hamburger meat, chips, fruit, treats (rice crispy treats, sour patch, and others), cake (of course!), and drinks (water, tea, juice for the littles.)

4. Décor: We are keeping it simple this year. I am doing reds, navy, blues, and white mostly for the colors. I found some cute printables on etsy. I will link below. I am going to have some of his toy trains set up on the tables. I also will have a lot of balloons, but that is about it. Easy peasy! Instead of invites, we just did a Facebook event page to invite our friends. It was easy and free!

 
 

I can't wait until Callon's party this Saturday! I will definitely post pictures after and share more info!

Thanks for stopping by to read my rambles!

--Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment