Thursday, May 4, 2017

20 Facts About Me


I thought I would do a post to give a little insight into who I am. Here are 20 random facts about me!

1. I love math and working with numbers. --- I am an accountant by day at a local University. I absolutely love my job. I know some people hate to work with numbers all day and find it boring, but it is truly my niche. I am weird I know :)

2. I play the piano. --- I am currently taking piano lessons once a week. I used to take piano lessons when I was the 3rd grade. For some reason I stopped, and I always regretted doing so. I have been taking lessons for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It is like a stress reliever. I do struggle with finding time to practice with a toddler, but I love it when I get to. I am not an advanced player yet. ( I am still on Level 2 books).

3. I am an only child.

4. I am a preacher's wife.-- When I was younger, I never in a million years thought I would be where I am today. My husband was a preacher before we started dating. He wasn't a pastor, and he was taking time off at the time we met. After we were engaged, my husband decided to start preaching again. While it has its challenges, I wouldn't trade it for the world. We have been blessed to meet some wonderful people over the years whom we love. We stay so busy each week, but it is what God has planned for us.

5. I struggled with infertility.---PSA(may be TMI) My husband I decided about a year or so after we were married that it would be ok if we got pregnant. I always had troubles with my cycle being irregular growing up, but I didn't think anything of it at the time. As time passed, we started actively trying. After many failed tests, I decided to go see my OBGYN to see what was going on. After ultrasounds, I was found with PCOS. I have always been overweight and had other issues so being diagnosed with this made everything make sense. I was put on birth control to help with the polycystic ovaries. After a few months, my doctor told me that I could stop and start trying again. I did 3 rounds of Clomid and 1 round of Femera. We got pregnant after the first round of Femera.

6. I love Mexican food!--It literally is my favorite food ever!! I could eat it everyday of the week and be fine! My favorite things are fajitas, fajita nachos, queso, bistec la Mexicana (It's a steak dish with pico), salsa, and enchiladas.. YUM!!

7. I only drink water---About 3 months ago, I gave up soft drinks and other things. I only drink water now! I feel so much better and I have lost about 15 lbs!

8. I hardly ever wear makeup-- I know I know! I usually just put on some tinted moisturizer and lip gloss and go! I am a quick and easy kind of gal!

9. I loathe cooking, but I love baking!--- I enjoy making sweets and desserts, but I dread cooking meals. It is just something that I don't love doing.

10. I am semi-unorganized at times.-- I am really trying to work on this habit this year. I have become so much better at it as far as my house goes. I just need to work on organizing my purse and organizing meal plans each week.

11. I love to shop!-- I am perfectly content shopping, shopping, shopping and shopping. I love online shopping too! My wallet nor my husband likes this habit I have.

12. I love watching Youtube Vlogs.--I recently have become obsessed with watching vlogs this past year or so. I will do a post soon on some of my favorites that I subscribe to.

13. I really dislike amusement park rides.--I am not sure if this is because of heights or what, but I just do not enjoy them at all.

14. My middle name is Amanda.

15. When I was younger, I was obsessed with frogs.---I had my room totally decorated in frogs. I had them everywhere.

16. In high school, I was the editor for our yearbook!-- I loved working on the yearbook. I loved designing and taking photographs!

17. My first time to fly was my senior year in high school.-- We went to Hawaii for my dad's business trip! It was by far a vacation of a lifetime. I would love to go back there one day. If only I can convince my husband to get on a plane!

18. I was the first grandchild on my mom's side to graduate from college.--I have 5 older cousins, and I was the first one to graduate!

19. I love to help organize our VBS at church.-- I really enjoy organizing, decorating, planning, and teaching at our VBS or even in Sunday School.

20. I spend way too much time on my cell phone and watching TV.-- I really need work on this more and go unplugged.

---Haley

1 comment:

  1. Love learning more about you and being your summer penpal!

    ReplyDelete